Date & Time
Wednesday, Sep 12
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Doors open: 9:00 AM
Concourse Hall, Level 2 – Theater C
Walk up access is available on a first come, first served basis. Find us in the Concourse Hall, LEVEL 2, Theater C.
Connected cars are not part of the future...they're here now! Join SDL members and fellow developers to learn how you can be part of the rapidly evolving connected car landscape.
- Automakers will hear how to monetize connectivity and maintain control of branding in the face of competition from 3rd party connectivity solutions coming out of Silicon Valley.
- Explore amazing opportunities with Ford, Toyota, Mazda, Suzuki, and other automakers to bring your apps and content to millions of drivers around the world.
- Learn how Waze, Amazon, Alexa, WebEx and others have expanded their user experience through a simple integration of the SDL open source platform.
- Experts discuss the importance of data usage and privacy controls and the impact on the entire connected car community.
- Bring your ideas for a connected app idea to the hackathon the night before the conference and compete for a chance to win great prizes and an opportunity to get YOUR SDL-enabled app in to millions of vehicles!
Breakfast and Lunch will be provided.
9am Doors Open & Breakfast Served
9:30-10am Welcome Keynote (Doug VanDagens, Ford Motor Company)
10-11am Open Source & IP: Considerations for the Connected Car (John LeRoy, Brooks Kushman PC)
11-11:15am Coffee Break
11:15-12:15pm Platforms, Policy & Why Developers Hold the Keys to Change (Bruce Gustafson, Developers Alliance)
12:15-1:15pm Lunch Served
1:15-2:15pm 2018 SDL Hackathon Presentations & Awards Ceremony
2:15-2:45pm Behind the Code: Developer Sentiment Uncovered (Michael Rasalan, Evans Data)
2:45-3:15pm The SDLC Ecosystem: Opportunities for Connected Car Developers (Paul Elsila, Livio)
3:15-3:30pm Coffee Break
3:30-4:00pm Imagine If...
Imagine if. Imagine if the automotive industry opened its radio hardware platforms to broadcasters. Imagine if broadcasters and the automotive industry could deliver even greater value to their listeners, to their customers. Imagine what the world looks like when humans no longer drive. Imagine if. NAB and its broadcast members invite you to imagine the future of in-vehicle entertainment with us.
Moderator: John Ellis, Founder - Ellis & Associates
Michele Laven, President, Strategic Partnerships - iHeart Media
Richard Smith, Co-Founder/CTO - Open Path
Stephanie Bauer Marshall, NAB Advisor/Founder - M3 Advisors
4:00-4:30pm Monetization and the SDL Ecosystem (Scott Burnell, Ford Motor Company)
4:30-4:45pm Closing Remarks